Thursday, March 31, 2016

28 weeks - 4th time to Labor & Delivery

March 8- 4th trip to L&D

Things have been going great this past week. I've had very mild bleeding that turned into light brown spotting. I've had a great number of visitors drop in to see me. I was doing so well, that my mom went home Sunday and plans to come back this weekend before Mark's business trip.

Today has been a pretty good day overall. That is until the evening came. A friend dropped by at 11:30 with some amazing salad for me and stayed to visit for an hour.
From 1:00-2:00, I wheel chaired it down to the 4th floor atrium to attend a free conference that was about "how to control your anger." It was really interesting. I then took it easy for the rest of the afternoon and even had another visitor drop by at 5:00. 
After how long it's been with light bleeding/spotting the last few days I was having high hopes that I'd be going home sometime soon.
Today it actually hit me that I'm truly getting home sick and missing my kids. It doesn't help that Truman's behavior with Jane has gotten worse and Chantel was even having a melt down yesterday. I really miss my kids.

Right after getting off the phone with Jane and Truman to talk about Truman misbehavior on the bus ride home, I got up to use the bathroom and a good amount of blood came gushing out. As I've learned my lesson, this time I did not call from the bathroom. Instead I changed pads and went back to my bed where I paged my nurse. 
They put me on the monitor right away and Doctor Sharma happened to be on call and came in to do a specular exam to make sure the bleeding wasn't continual. I was monitored in my room and after a few hours Dr. Sharma decided with how much bleeding I had in less then an hour, she wanted to send me to L&D unit where I can be monitors regularly for the night. 
So far I've been here an hour and a half. They had to change my IV since my other one was bad. They have me on fluids and will start me up on magnesium and penicillin soon.  I'm trying to prepare myself for major hot flash side affects. I'm glad Mark has already left, thanks to friend Joy for watching our kids tonight. 
The nurses were joking around saying I'm just trying to keep them on my toes and it's funny that I happen to have the same nurses today then I did the last 2 times I was sent to L&D. The other crazy part is, the heavy bleeding has always come on close to "change of shifts" for the nurses. Never in the middle of the day. On the bright side, at least I got to enjoy a tasty dinner before being told I can't eat or drink.

Lets hope for the best and that the bleeding will subside once again. If I'm counting correctly, this is my 4th time in L&D

No comments:

Post a Comment