Thursday, March 31, 2016

25 weeks - 1st and 2nd trip to Labor and Delivery

Tue - 2/16

It was a crazy weekend with some heavy bleeding Saturday morning and a trip to labor and delivery where they had me on IV fluids and gave me magnesium to strengthen the baby's brain development in case she comes early. The bleeding slowed down so they sent me back to my room. Yesterday was a good day with only light bleeding. 
This morning at 7:45 I had more heavy bleeding that was worse then Saturday, so I'm back to the beginning in labor and delivery again. This time I'm having more contractions and I'm a little worried the baby is going to come early if this bleeding continues. I'm also in more pain with cramping and contractions.  Lots of emotions going on. 


Wed - 2/17

Home again, home again jiggidy jig!
After a miserable 24 hours of IV fluids, Magnesium,  penicillin, and hooked to monitors,  I'm now back in my original room with the beautiful window view and comfy bed. 
The worst if it was having to get another IV put in my arm and the side affects the magnesium causes (drowsy, nauseous, body aching, stinging sensation in the eyes, hot flashes). I was on a clear liquid diet for 24 hours while hooked to the IV.
My mom was there in the room with me for most of the day and during the times I wasn't  napping, we watched a few episodes of Leverage on Netflix. It definitely helped get my mind off the pain. 
Before getting switched back to my room this morning, my doctor came in and mentioned that it's not anything I'm doing that is causing the bleeding. That was comforting to hear because to be honest I took it very easy on Monday with little walking and lots of bed rest. This placenta just has a mind of its own and needs to behave and stay attached to the uterine wall so I won't have to keep having these trips back and forth to the labor and delivery room. The baby has been fine all along. 
My doctor also mentioned that there is a good chance I'll end up being in the hospital for the rest of my pregnancy.
Most of the bleeding has slowed down, but still hasn't stopped completely. It feels like I'm on a never ending period. :/
Thanks to all your thoughts and prayers. I'm hoping for a good week ahead and no more trips to labor and delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment