Thursday, March 31, 2016

27 weeks

Tues - 3/1
Just sending another update that things are still looking good and have been for a full week now. :)
Today marks 27 weeks and 2 days.  It's hard to believe I've been in the hospital for a whole month and boy has by belly grown. 

My doctor stopped by this morning and mentioned that after looking at the sonogram images, the placenta has started to move away from the cervix with the growth of the baby which is what we want. I think that also helps to improve the scaring/tear. She said, "after what happened last week where we almost gave birth, I hate to say too much. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that everything stays settled as it has been. We can't get too excited. I'm still wanting to wait it out 24 hours of no bleeding before even considering the option of discharge."

That being said, my bleeding still hasn't stopped but it has been very mild for the past week since returning to my room. If things stay this way, then my Mom will plan to head home this weekend after Truman's pinewood derby on Saturday and possibly celebrating his birthday early before leaving? 

Last night my room mate was discharged. Things were going so well for her and she had originally thought she'd have to be here for the rest of her pregnancy. She was sweet to leave me her flowers and magazines. She was a really nice room mate overall, but it was nice to finally get a full good night sleep last night while not being woken up by her nurses or snoring.;). We'll see how long I actually have this room to myself, but it's nice so far.

The kids are doing great with Jane. Chantel is starting to  progress once again with violin which makes me so happy. I'm sad to not be home to celebrate Truman's birthday next Monday, but so grateful for face time.  Speaking of gratitude, I'm also grateful to finally have the IV removed from my right hand. It left a pretty good mark and this new one they put in my arm has been so much better. 


This week a friend is stopping by to teach me how to knit which I'm way excited about. I've been getting a lot more reading in and have loved having visitors everyday, which includes my sweet mother. :) She has saved me from this hospital food by bringing REAL food. This morning she brought me a smoothie which was so refreshing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment