Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Regular Tuesday! In the hospital for the long hall

I always wonder how these Tuesday play out. Sure enough that is the day I had to have more unexpected red bleeding. It wasn't a huge enough amount to have them monitor me and immediately do a specular exam, but enough bright red blood to say it's not the best idea to be discharged.  It of coarse happens at the end of the day when the doctors comes in to check on me. She was nice to even consider the idea. I didn't realize that what she had in mind with me being discharged, is that she would still want me to come in 3 days a week to be monitors which right there doesn't even make the bed rest at home worth it. I might as well just stay in the hospital and wait it out.

Good news! If all goes well and I make it as far as 36 weeks, then she will plan on delivering the baby then. The reason for that is the baby is growing well and actually measures a week ahead of schedule, so right now she measure 34 weeks. Also, with how often the bleeds have come on all the sudden, it would reduce the risk of having any really heavy bleed come on which can be risky and dangerous for me.

It really helps for me to have a date to look forward to. Now all I need to do is have my mind set on all the things I'd like to get done before delivery and while on bed rest. I have 5 new books to read that I just might finish up on 3 weeks.

I will be 36 weeks on May 1st, so this means there is a good chance I will be home for mothers day. Yippee!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Liz! I would have you know that my guess for your baby's birthday is May 1!! I'm sorry you didn't get discharged, but YOU CAN DO THIS! You are super woman and are almost at the end of this tunnel. I'm sure your days are long, but man, I'm so glad you are where they can keep a close eye on things. Your health and safety, and baby's, is most important. We love you and are so excited that a new baby will be joining our family! You are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hurrah - a date to look forward to. That makes all the difference. You can totally do this! Lots of prayers headed your way!

    ReplyDelete