Friday, April 8, 2016

Emotional Wreck! How to escape the prison?

This week has been good as far as bleeding is concerned. Nothing terrible happened on Tuesday this time although I will admit, that's kind of when I lost it emotionally and burst into tears. Mark was sweet to come visit me after work when he received my text about how I feel stuck in this jail and want to run away. I also had a friend come visit me that evening that was so willing to listen to my emotions. She is one that has been on bedrest for 16 weeks, but only 5 weeks in the hospital.

I can always blame the tears on emotional pregnancy. Many times it just helps to cry and for all those that know me, I'm not much of a cry baby. Then next morning, Megan Parker and I were joking (partially) around saying that I should just tell them I need to see a psychologist because mentally I feel unstable. Ha! She was going to bring it up to the patient care director who came in to check on me. ;) They ask me how I'm doing every day and I have to be honest. When she left, I followed her to the elevator which technically is out of my 7 south unit in the hospital. A far enough walk to the point where I did feel a little more freedom. Today, I escaped the unit once again to find another place to practice violin since the lounge was occupied and I now have a room mate that probably doesn't want to hear me practice. My nurse that day saw me out in the hall near the elevators and was nice to introduce me to another room that they call the quiet room. I was able to finish my practice in there and was happy to know of a different place for times when the lounge is occupied.

Window View


I've had a room mate for 2 days now, but she seems really nice, quiet and doesn't snore which is always a bonus. There is a chance she may be discharged tomorrow morning.

Yesterday they had a social event that was held in the lounge where patients get together and talk/socialize as well as having someone come in to talk about NICU experience and nursing. It would be great if they had these social events more then once a month. It's the 3rd one I've been to during my 10 week stay.

Emotionally, I'm feeling much better now. It helps to remind myself that I'm way past my half way mark and that I should only have another 5 weeks at the most. If I do make it as far as 38 weeks, (which I really hope is not the case) then that means I'm 2/3 the way there. I also was able to start up another knitting project making a baby hat and I have 4 more books I'd like to have read while I have all the free time in the world. They are 1-all the light we can not see 2- me before you 3- the total money make over 4- How to talk to kids so they will listen and listen so they will talk.

Thank you to all the visitors this week. Namely- Shelley Reed, Tara Kerr, Natalie Buttars, Kalli Wheeler, Shannen Lyons, Ann Catherine, Shauna Summers, Carolyn Richards, Annalisa Peterson, and Megan Parker.
Also, thank you to the beautiful pot of flowers Mark's parents sent me.



A quote my mom left with me to remind me that I can make it through this tough time, but am not alone.
"God doesn't give us what we can handle, God helps us handle what we are given."


Annalisa brought me ice cream tonight! :) Ice cream makes everything better and now I have discovered that I have 2 dessert places close by that deliver. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment